Thursday, October 1, 2009

Juke Box Hero

[tunes]: Clair de Lune - Lucia Micarelli



Well, I'm in one of those weird blah moods right now. I can't really think of a reason why, but that's okay. I swear I had a reason for writing here besides the fact that I haven't in quite awhile. Let's see...
Oh yeah! Tuesday my friend Laura came down and we went to see Foreigner!!1! We had a complete blast, and, even though our seats were literally the last row in the balcony, we had a really good view. Yes, neither of us were alive when Foreigner was in it's prime, but who cares. They're music is great and is still popular today. You know there good when Temperance Brennan has them in her collection. I wanted to bust out a high kick in Bones's honor during "Hot Blooded", but there wasn't really any room. I did mentally, though. Today, I caught myself singing "Cold As Ice" when I was headed to choir practice because it was really chilly out, and I laughed. Then there's the fact that I can no longer take "I Wanna Know What Love Is" seriously because I have actually sang it at church. No joke. The director of the Teen Mass Band at my church back home felt it was appropriate. I don't know how he manages to ignore the fact that it's about sex and not Christ's Love...
Erm... Besides having three tests this week that I'm fairly certain I got A's on., (maybe a high B on the history exam,) there hasn't been much else to get overly excited about. The next big thing happening is Maura and Sammy's joint birthday party that I'm going to and then the Celtic Thunder concert, which I am very excited before. You will definately be hearing about those on here.

Before I go, I am obligated to mention that you should check out Lucia Micarelli here: http://www.myspace.com/luciamicarelli. She is an extremely talented violinist who I had the pleasure of seeing play live for Josh Groban. She plays everything from classical to rock. She has actually done both at the same time, playing "Nocturne/Bohemian Rhapsody" which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAFltewQ48. When I saw her live, she did a kick ass version of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" which I loved. Long story short, she's talented. She also has a Twitter if you've got one. I do, too, incidentally...

No comments:

Post a Comment