Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sunday, busy Sunday

[tunes]: Nothing, though I could use some right now.



Hey all, I meant to tell you about Sunday sooner, but I've been busy with things and, honestly, not quite in the mood. Still not quite in the mood, but I figure I should probably tell you about it anyways, since, if I put it off much longer it'll get lost in the upcoming days.


Sunday was busy, to put it simply. First, there was church, which I had to be there by 9 for choir warm-ups. I hadn't been there in awhile, since I wasn't in town the Sunday before and I completely forgot to go to Thursday's practice until I was sitting to dinner at Erin's. By then it was after 6, and a little too late to show up. Oops! After church I zipped back to my place to iron my Chorale dress, since I forgot to do it before then and get ready for the rest of the day.

Carrying all my stuff, (except for the presents for Maura and Sammy, which I completely forgot at the time,) I walked over to Erin's for the birthday party. Her parents and sister (my aunt, uncle, and cousin) were there already and my parents got into town not too long after. My grandma and Aunt Mary also showed up, and it was really nice to see them. I had to skip out fairly quick for the Chorale concert that was also that day, but I was coming back afterwards.

The Chorale concert was hot. Really. I was sweating so much on that stage. Other than that I really enjoyed it. I actually missed singing in a chorus. It's been over two years since I last did! I also enjoyed most of the music we sang, which is also a plus. Out in the audience, my parents were attempting to take pictures, much to my dislike. Luckily, they told me afterwards they lighting was bad and they didn't turn out well. Phew!

Then it was back to Erin's for a little while longer, after swinging by my place to grab the gifts I forgot that morning, of course! Have I mentioned I love my family? Oh, more than once? Well, it bears repeating. My mom's side of the family is awesome. (My dad's side of the family is non-existant since he is an only child. That doesn't make my mom's side any more or less awesome, though.)


Well, that was my Sunday in it's very basic form. Sammy and Maura loved their presents, and everyone loved the little baby shoes my mom picked out for baby Emily. (I was with my mom when she picked out the outfit... You should see how excited she gets when baby shopping. Good to know my future kids will have way too much stuff because of her.)


Writing this actually put me in a slightly better mood. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment