Monday, October 26, 2009

"I'm not touching youuu!"

[tunes]: Keith Harkin.



I was going to update you on yesterday's festivities, but I am so worn out right now. I've been worn out for quite some time, actually, and it's beginning to get on my nerves. It doesn't matter how many hours of sleep I (attempt) to get, I can't shake it off. I think it has to do with the obnoxious amount of meds I've been taking recently to fend off the excruciating pain I get in my side. I really mean excruciating--I'm not trying to make it sound worse than it is. I've thrown up more than once because of the pain. It's really not fun. I'd explain the cause of the pain, but it gets a little awkward, so I'd rather not. Side pain. That's what it's going to be known as.

It started the end of this summer and came out of no where. I was just starting cleaning my room when I had this pain around my armpit. I had no idea what it was. I figured maybe I pulled something, (how, I have no idea, because it's not like I did anything that would have hurt it,) so I decided to sit down for a little while and wait until it went away. That's when the side pain started in and it only got worse from there. Ended up going to the hospital. (Twice, that day, actually, since the pain had disappeared by the time the doctor got to me the first time.) They did lots of tests, figured out what the cause was, gave me drugs and after a day or two I was feeling completely normal again. It came back again a monthish later but it was easily subdued, (no hospital necessary,) and everything was fine again. Then, just a few weeks ago, it came back and I was back at the hospital once more. They gave me more drugs, but, this time, I haven't been able to completely get rid of the pain. It's like that pesky little brother in those commercials going "I'm not touching youuuuu!" Yeah, he's technically not touching you, but it's still annoying as hell! LEAVE ME ALONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!1!

So yeah. Long story short, I'm worn out, and the day this pain fully goes away will be a blessed day, indeed. It's literally a pain in my side, but, metaphorically, it's also a pain in my ass.


Change of topic. I think I'll leave you with my "You should go listen to So-and-So!" spiel that I usually do. (I always thought there were more letters in the word 'speil'. Like 'schpiel'. Or 'shpiel'. Anyways.) I know I've mentioned this guy before, since I distinctly remember telling you to go give his sister's stuff a listen, (Rebecca Harkin, if you don't remember,) and he's also one of those talented Celtic Thunder guys, but I don't remember if I ever gave him is own spotlight, so here it is. If I have, he deserves another one. I just love his stuff! Not only is he a fantastic singer, he's also a talented guitarist and songwriter, amongst other things. One of the songs he wrote, "Lauren & I," he sings in Celtic Thunder, so I know I'm not the only one who sees just how talented he is. I'm just waiting for when his solo CD finally comes out. No clue as to when that will be, but you can bet that I will be buying it quick! If you want to take a listen for yourself, you can check out his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/keithharkin or look him up on YouTube, there's lots of stuff there. He's also got his own website that you can take a look at: http://keithharkin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment