Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wet Laundry.

[tunes]: Currently none, although I've been on a Beauty and the Beast (the musical) kick for the past couple of days.



Well, today took a turn for the interesting! I finally managed to break my five into some ones after getting lunch at Taco Bell today, which meant LAUNDRY DAY! It was about time, too, so after taking those ones and putting them in the vending machine to get change. (Apparently, my place doesn't get the concept of an actual change machine, so I have to improvise.) I had just enough money to do two loads in the washer and all of it in a dryer. I had my first scare when putting money into one of the washers and it began eating my quarters. I was freaking out because I already had detergent on the clothes and couldn't just take them back out. Luckily, the machine took pity on me after I jammed one of my keys in the coin slot and gave me my money back. From then on, everything went fine until I went to get my clothes out of the dryer, only to find that they were still wet. Not only did I not have anymore quarters, I didn't have any more money to get quarters with. (If you look up broke in the dictionary, you'll see my face right next to it. Srsly.) So now all my wet clothes are hanging in my closet to dry while all the clothes that were dry and hanging in the closet are now sitting on my bed with my damp sheets and damp socks that I don't have anywhere to hang. My damp underwear is hung about the room, including a pair which I hung on my Jesus cross. I feel that might be sacreligious... Oops.

Hopefully, some of my clothes will be dry by tomorrow since I don't have any dry pants and it is supposed to be quite cold tomorrow... Putting together an outfit that was warm and looked halfway normal was quite the challenge, and I don't really feel like putting that much effort into it again tomorrow.




EDIT:

Oh hey there... Guess I already rambled on about "If I Could Cry" in my last entry! Well, the song is that amazing, so I suggest you go take a look at it and listen to it if you haven't already. The links are in the previous post, but here's the link to buy the single: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R652GW/ref=cm_sw_su_dp It just came out yesterday and, despite my ban on all things Celtic Thunder related until I see the concert on the 20th, I've already listened to it twice.


Now it seems I can talk about Beauty and the Beast, instead! A few days ago, I was in the mood for a musical, and was beginning to really miss doing shows. It's been over a year since I last did one! Actually, it getting close to being a year and a half. To be honest, I was beginning to get tired of it, mostly because of the people. (Not all of them, but a good amount. I was getting tired of the over competitiveness and the bitching and the diva attitudes.) I think the time off from shows has been good, because I find myself itching to do one, and it's for all the right reasons. I don't care what part I am, just get me in a show!

Anyways, that lead me to listen to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, which I've been listening to pretty much ever since. I love the movie and I loved the musical when I saw it on Broadway. (Annalise Van der Pol from Disney's That's So Raven was Belle, and I thought she did a wonderful job, though it took me a little while to warm up to her take on Belle. I guess I imagined the character a little differently. Also, John Tartaglia was Lumiere, and he's always wonderful.) I think one of the reasons I really love the musical is because Alan Menkin wrote the music. I don't know why, but I always love his stuff. (Love the music to A Christmas Carol, even though I am still haunted by when I did that show. God, we were awful.) There are even a few times when listening to the music now that I think, "That is definately Alan Menkin's writing!"

Another reason I love the musical is because of the characters. Not just the "good" ones, either. I adore the character of Gaston (and Lefou) even though, in real life, I wouldn't be able to stand him because he's such a freaking tool. (I wouldn't mind Lefou so much, but I'd probably think he's an idiot and not approve of his choice in friends.) When I saw the show on Broadway, Gaston was my favorite, no contest. When performed well, you can't not enjoy him! Of course, I will always love the character of Belle, mostly because I feel that we are the same person. She pretty much sums up our sameness right here:

"I want much more than this provincial life!
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned"

That, and we both like to read a lot, and as I said to my friend, Alyssa, earlier, we both can't stand tools. I feel that last one is an especially valid arguement.

Okay. I think I'm going to be done now since I went on crazy long. If you, for some strange reason, have never listened to the soundtrack or, God forbid, have never seen the amazing Disney movie, go do that NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment