Sunday, October 4, 2009

DOUBLE TRUE.

[tunes]: Oslo Campfire - Port O'Brien



Hello, all (one of you.) Nothing earth-shattering to discuss here, but I though I'd leave a little something today. On my way over here to the library, I had a 90s nostalgia moment. It's extremely windy out today and I caught myself reminiscing of the days of windpants and their matching jackets. God, 90s fashion was so bad. I remember having a wind suit when I was little. (Was that what they were called?) Believe it may have been purple. Or blue. Or both. It was as I was remembering those windpants that I had this sudden urge to listen to the Backstreet Boys and N*Sync. Ahhahahahaha.


Last night I spent the evening at my cousin Erin's. I walked over there by myself for the first time, and I am very, very proud to say that I did not get lost! This may have partly been due to the fact that I looked up the directions on Google Maps previously. Google Maps is a life saver. You can bet that when I finally get a car I am so getting a GPS unit for it. I won't use it around town back in Erie like my brother has been known to, but I'd get lost anywhere else without one. Especially long-distance trips.

Anyways, I went over there for dinner and help with some of the songs I have to memorize for my music department audition on the 22nd. I ended up staying until midnight watching Harry Potter! Hahahaha. Erin actually went to bed before I left and Ryan gave me a ride home after the movie was over. I was pretty much dead for church today. Maybe staying up that late wasn't such a good idea, but it was Harry Potter! Come on!

I don't have too much planned for today besides cleaning my room, which desperately, desperately needs done. I was busy last weekend so I didn't have time then. I'm really not in a cleaning mood, so we'll see how that goes.


Before I go, I'm going to do what I usually do, which is plug a band. Maybe one day I'll get payed for something like this. Or, perhaps, someone will be doing that for me! Who knows? I'll keep dreaming. So, Port O'Brien. I quite literally just started listening to them today. Never heard of them before, but I'm already really liking them. They remind me of The Shins in their early days a la "O Inverted World." I love that CD, so it's only natural that I would like these guys. They've actually got a tour that just started, but they aren't coming anywhere near me. Not that it matters, since I'm broke poor. They describe themselves as folk/acoustic/indie, which was pretty much what I was going to say, so I'll just go with what they said. If you like that kind of stuff, check them out! If not, do it anyways. Maybe you will find out you do. Should probably give you a website, huh? http://www.myspace.com/portobrien

No comments:

Post a Comment