Saturday, October 24, 2009

I love to sing-a! About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a! I love to sing-a!

[tunes]: none.



So. I feel like I should probably tell you how that audition for the music department went. Besides messing up a little bit here and there, it went pretty well. I was shaking like crazy, though, which is very unusual for me. Normally I get a little nervous, but don't shake much until after I'm done. This time, my legs were going like crazy and I couldn't get them to stop. Strangest thing ever. But, once I was done, they talked to me for a little and then I left. Later that day I got a call from one of the people in the audition and got the unofficial results of it. They are as follows; in my own words, of course...

I was an idiot for trying out for the BFA since I don't really have any classical training. Apparently, the BFA is for people who have been doing that kind of stuff for years and years and such. Oops! While I felt a little bit like a prize idiot, I'm not all that fussed by the mistake. Nothing I can do about it now, and I learned a lesson from it. However, they did think that I have potential and I will be, instead, doing a BA in Music-Performance. I can start with that and then audition again later after I've had more training. The fact that they think I have potential is an encouraging fact and I'm quite happy with the results as they are. My Chorale teacher, who was also part of the pannel for the audition told me the same thing the other day and it makes me really happy that he felt that way. I think, if he had his way, I might have even been in the BFA program, which makes me feel special. He's such a sweet guy and I'm really glad to have him as a teacher.


Let's see. Is there anything else I was going to talk about? Well, I had this really strange dream the night before last where this guy who I'm kind of sort of interested in turned out to be gay. Rather disappointing in that respect, but it was an interesting dream overall. I think the whole "him turning out to be gay" part was due to the fact that, for awhile, I wasn't exactly sure if he was gay or not. I'm still not 100% sure, actually, but I'm pretty certain he's straight. My life, sometimes...

Other than that typically strange dream of mine, I don't have much else to say about the past few days. Tomorrow, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I haven't been so busy in quite awhile. First, there's church, which I haven't been to since the week before last. (That whole being in a lot of pain thing had a lot to do with that.) Then, my parents should be arriving sometime after that and it's over to Erin's for her kids' birthday party a little after noon. From there, I have to go over to Gorell at 2 for warm-ups before the 3 o'clock concert that my parents are coming to. Then, it's back to Erin's for mor birthday party-ness and general visiting with relatives. It'll be a busy, but fun day, I think.

WAIT! I forgot to mention that I finally got to see Erin's new baby! She is so cuteeee! I got to hold her, too! I went over there Thursday evening after the audition for dinner, which her Aunt Cami brought and I had a lot of fun playing with Maura and Sammy. I gave Sugar plenty of attention, too, and she was loving that. She was even giving me kisses, which Erin said meant that she really loved it. (I miss my doggie!)


Well, that's it for now. I think I'll head back to my place and read that chapter for history class that I'm supposed to and finally clean my room. I should also head over to Goodwill and look for some stuff for my Halloween costume... I'm feeling unmotivated to do that, though. Stupid overcast weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment