Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shopping!

[tunes]: None, currently, but I did watch the video for "If I Could Cry" from Sleeping Beauty the Musical.



I should probably start off by saying that I'm in a much better mood today than I was in my last post. Excluding the fact that I woke up at 5am sweating since the heat came on in the night and I have no control over it. So I turned on the fan, which was really loud in such a quiet room. I couldn't fall back asleep because of the fan, but I couldn't turn off the fan because I couldn't fall back asleep in the heat. Somehow I got to sleep and all was right in the world.

That isn't what I intended on talking about at all, but, apparently, my mind is still holding a grudge against that incident. What I was going to say was that, today, I went shopping with my cousin after church. She had to get a few things for the kids' birthday party next weekend and she wanted to know if I wanted to tag along since she could use some company. Of course I said yes because she wasn't the only one who could use some company. It was really nice to spend some time with her. We ended up not only getting what was on the list, but a few things for the new baby that's due at the end of the month, also, as well as grabbing some lunch at the little hibachi place. It was nice to be able to talk about things with her. I may have said it before, but my cousin is really awesome. My family in general is pretty awesome. (Okay, so I may not say that about my immediate family very often, but I've been living with them all my life. Give me a few years on my own and I'll feel different about that. I'm already starting to, at least when it comes to my parents.)

Speaking of Erin, I can't believe she's going to have another baby at the end of the month! This month, in general, is shaping up to be an interesting and event-filled one. Next week is the kids' birthday party and the following Tuesday I'm going to see Celtic Thunder with my parents in Pittsburgh. Then, Thursday, is my audition for the Music Department, which I am so not ready for yet. I should get on that... Sometime at the end of the month Erin's having her baby, and I'm going to another double-birthday/halloween party around Halloween for a couple of friends. Oddly enough, I feel like I'm missing something. Oh yeah. October 25th is a Chorale concert. I'm probably still missing something, but that's okay. You get the gist.

Before I go, I must do what I always do, which is write a little ditty about whatever it is I'm listening to. This time it was "If I Could Cry," which is one of the songs from an upcoming musical called Sleeping Beauty. While I have no idea when it will be premiering, I do know that it will be premiering on the West End (i.e: London.) A bummer, really, since I read the synopsis and it seems like an interesting twist on the tale of Sleeping Beauty and would very much like to see it. Maybe by some odd stroke of luck I'll find myself on that side of the pond when it's there. Lord knows I want to study abroad. I know of the song because Paul Byrom of Celtic Thunder sings it, and quite well I might add. It's supposed to be released as a single shortly, but I don't have an exact date yet. Here's the link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/user/SleepingBeautyVideo and here's the link for the musical: http://www.sleepingbeautythemusical.com/ Not too much information on it yet, but there are some clips of songs from the show, which I am about to give a listen to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment