Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am FINALLY back!

[tunes]: Practice Me - Urban Sun



Well, the title says it all. Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. (Although, I don't think anyone actually reads this regularly, so it's not like anyone's been too upset by it. I should work on that.) Why haven't I posted in a week and a half, you ask? Beats me. I think it's partly due to the fact that I've been busy and whenever I got enough time to sit down at a computer and write something on here, my brain has been bust and I wasn't going to be able to write anything coherant. The better question is: What have I been up to since my last post? Let me go see what that last post was, and I'll tell you!

So, I left off with saying I was going home for Labor Day weekend. That Friday evening, my mom and Grandma, along with my older brother who I was not expecting, came to pick me up and drop off my TV. Then we went over to my cousin's where the the four of us, plus the four people in her family, plus her sister and parents who came in all had dinner together and visited for awhile. That's not even half of my mom's side of the family, just so you know. I then spent the night at my Grandma's before coming home, where I spent all day relaxing.
Sunday, I went to breakfast with Sam and Sarah, which was fun. I wasn't sure if I was going to get to see Sam while we were was in town, so I was particularly happy about that. Now that I think of it, Sunday was quite busy. That afternoon was German Fest, which Alyssa met me at. As soon as I walked up to the entrance I couldn't stop laughing because the whole thing is rather amusing. German polka music blasting all over the place, men in Leiderhosen, and more beer and German food than should ever be in one place. For how German I happen to be, I am not a fan of German food. I actually picked off all the sauerkraut on my brautwurst sandwich when I got one. Nasty stuff, sauerkraut. Don't get me started on Liverwurst and Braunschweiger. I shudder when I think of how my mom used to try to make me eat it when I was little. The only reason I really go to the German Fest is so I can pet the llamas and cows and such they have there.
Sunday night was Teen Mass church times, also with Alyssa, and we were much less mature about it than usual. We spent the entire homily counting how many times Fr. Mike said the word "breadline," (13, if I remember correctly,) and trying not to laugh too much. I think everyone was jealous of our mad clapping and dancing skills during the Lamb of God, though. Chris approved of it, though, since he said that's the spirit that's been missing lately. (It has. I won't get into the issues I've begun to develop with the Teen Mass Band... Unless you want me to.) After church, we all went to the Ringside, of course, and had lots of fun being silly and stupid, which is what we do best. Chris probably thinks we're all crazy, but we're okay with that.
Monday and Tuesday morning were spent doing pretty much nothing, so I won't bother elaborating on them, then I was back here Tuesday night with my TV stand, and back into the swing of classes on Wednesday.

Then a bunch of stuff happened between there, mostly classes, but my brain has just shut off and I can't remember much of it. Sang at mass with the choir on Sunday, which was nice. I found out one of the girls from my Corale class is going to join the choir. She's an Alto 2 with me in Corale, so it's doubly nice, since that means I can sit next to her in Chorale as well as choir. Yay!
There was one more thing I wanted to mention... Oh yeah! In my health class on Monday, we had a one page paper due on a topic of the Health Care Reform bill and watched Obama's speech on it. I wrote mine on the Public Option, which was oddly relevant at this point in my life. Now, I always considered myself for the bill as it currently stands, and watching the speech only confirmed my support for it. I hope it passes, before it gets changed too much.


That's about all for this post. I apologize for the slightly rambling nature it took on. I'll try to write better from now on. And more often. Before I go, though, I'd like to suggest taking a listen to Urban Sun. They are a funk rock band that I happened to go see with some friends while I was in NYC, and I really like their stuff. You can check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/urbansun. Their full album is also on iTunes, which is where I got it from. I really suggest listening to it. I'm a fan of "Practice Me" and "Destination" especially, but I love it all. Funk Rock. It's good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Grilled cheese post was a win. I too am afraid of going new places by myself for fear of looking stupid, but as I am not the poster child for mental wellness, I can't say definitively whether or not you need therapy.

    Anyways, like yer blog, and will try to keep up with it as much as my schedule allows. Maybe I'll update myself--feeling insane rage about health care reform building up.

    ReplyDelete