Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day. Again.

[tunes]: Michael Bublé

Before I talk of my first day of classes, I want to mention that, just within the past few days, I’ve been on a Michael Bublé kick. I mean, I’ve always appreciated his music and I think he’s quite talented, but I never really listened to him much. I only have two of his CDs on my computer because I happened to pick them up at the library. Since I’ve gotten here, though, I’ve been listening to him more than usual, and I really like it. There’s just something so soulful about his music that draws me in. He has a way of taking old songs and making them his own. He does a good job at it, too. (Except for Mack The Knife… In my opinion, a jazzy, upbeat version of that song is just weird, no matter who does it.) I guess his music is just something I really connect to at this moment in time.


Today was my first day of classes, and I can proudly say I didn’t get lost once! There wasn’t anything too eventful about the classes, since it was, basically, an overview of what the class would be like and an explanation of the syllabus. My teachers seem nice enough. My Psych teacher seems pretty cool and I’m interested to see how Health and Wellness goes. I’m not sure how I feel about my History teacher, mostly because she reminds me of my psychotic 12th grade English teacher, Mrs. Buccarelli. (BUCC!) That lady was nuts, let me tell you, but at least the class was easy. Hopefully, this class will be similar in that respect, if she does turn out to be as weird as Buccs was.

Well, it’s a relatively short post today, since there isn’t too much to expound on. Perhaps, once classes get going, I’ll have more to say. I think now I’m going to face my irrational fear of initiating conversation with strangers and go find out about Choral auditions as well as Opera and Music Theatre workshop. Let me see what music I have to possibly use, first.


Pee.Ess:

[newtunes]: Ryan Kelly via Bebo.com (Good stuff, in my opinion.)

I didn't end up signing up for Opera or Musical Theatre workshop this year. This was partly due to the fact that I could not find the sign up sheets, (I may have been too late,) and partly because I didn't have anything I could have used without feeling like an unprepared douchebag. While I am quite sad I won't be able to do a show, (it's been far too long since my last one,) I think I will be okay. Perhaps it's for the best since I probably have enough on my plate as it is. (Speaking of plates, they had Beef Stroganoff at the dining hall today. Haven't had that in foreverrr.)

I did, however, sign up for Choral auditions, and I will be doing that tomorrow at 2:20. I haven't been in a chorus in quite a long time and a part of me really misses it. Especially a chorus with good guys in it, since I haven't been in one of those often. I love me some manly singing voices. :) Speaking of manly singing voices, I suggest checking out Ryan Kelly. http://www.blogger.com/www.bebo.com/ryankellymoy1 As of now he doesn't have a solo CD out, but he is a part of a group of five Irish singers called Celtic Thunder, which are also quite talented. There's a link for the group's site somewhere on his page I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment