Saturday, November 26, 2011

This, too, will pass.

I was sitting in the room of my friend's aunt's house, my second beer in, while watching Crazy, Stupid Love with my friends when it hit me. These past couple of weeks had been stressful and difficult and there were many days when I went to bed hating myself, but, at that moment, it all changed. I was tired of feeling sorry for myself. I was tired of wondering if I was ever good enough or if people liked me. I was tired of it all. Sitting in that chair, I decided I was done with it all. Done with the fear and the pity and the rest. If someone doesn't like me, that's their problem, not mine. All I can do is be the best me I can be, and if that's not good enough for someone, they're not good enough for me. It won't always be easy, but nothing worth it ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment